Sunday 28 October 2012

Filming Session Conclusion

Today I filmed the whole of my music video at Stay Free Rooms. Overall I think the filming went okay but looking back at some footage and how some shots went there were some issues. For example the costume set up was almost all fine, but one shirt worn was particularly inappropriate to the bands genre and image and this unfortunately was visible on most shots throughout the session. Also when trying to re-create shots I had drawn and planned for my animatic there wasn't enough space for the camera or the camera couldn't be positioned at the correct height/angle to make it successful.There were also some props that didn't suit the music video like tables and such which were in shot and therefore took away the professionalism of the music video. Another problem was once there I didn't know how to use the sound system to play the song really loud and this therefore perhaps made the performance less believable and the actors more cautious of what they were doing. Things that went well were the lead singers shots in which he looked very appropriate for the genre and conveyed the story and style of band correctly. Also almost all close up shots of instruments looked very realistic which was essential for my video to reach a certain high standard. To conclude I think I will need to re-shoot my music video and plan out how I'm going to resolve the issues raised at the last shoot. I will also need to plan more accurately which shots I'm going to do and in which order to make the session run more smoothly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment