Tuesday 6 November 2012

Changes To Digipak

After receiving some feedback about my digipak and finding that most of this mentioned that it represented the punk genre instead of Indie Rock I thought that when developing the image and style of font needed to be changed. Also with my own photo shoot needing to be organised I found that none of my actors were available together and if they were it was for a short period of time, for this reason I've attempted to design some new front covers for my digipak influenced by minimalism and word orientated front covers. I think the First design looks far to Gothic and out of character with the genre whereas the second design looks much more like something associated with it. It still looks dark and emotional however which doesn't really relate to the track listing but maybe with colour it could look effective. I particularly like my third design which is very similar to that of Paramore's "RIOT" album but instead of being colour based to make certain words stand out it uses Size, I think this could be an effective album cover because the font relates to the genre, look and age of my band whilst it also has the potential to be extended for a Poster. The third design does however need more development with the placement of the album name and smaller font sized words.

No comments:

Post a Comment